FDM’s Machine & Material Guide
FDM’S MACHINE & MATERIAL GUIDE
Please find below a short extract from our Machine & Material Guide
FDM Data Matrix
HP MJF – PA 12 Datasheet
PA12, short for Polyamide 12 (commonly called Nylon 12‘), is one of the most useful engineering-grade plasticsavailable. It is utilised across all major industries and for a wide range of challenging applications. PA12 is mechanically strong, heat-resistant and biocompatible. HP Fusion Jet PA12 is printed extremely fast, at a very high resolution and at high-accuracies and is therefore not only used for functional prototypes, but also for short-run manufacturing of fully functional parts.
Produce strong, functional, detailed complex parts
• Robust thermoplastic produces high-density parts with balanced property profiles and strong structures.
• Provides excellent chemical resistance to oils, greases, aliphatic hydrocarbons, and alkalies.
•Ideal for complex assemblies, housings, enclosures, and watertight applications.
• Biocompatibility certifications—meets USP Class I-VI and US FDA guidance for Intact Skin Surface Devices.3
Optimized for HP Multi Jet Fusion: the best balance between strength and re-usability
• A strong thermoplastic for functional prototyping and final parts.
• Optimized for HP’s Multi Jet Fusion platform to increase printer safety and deliver truly functional parts.
• Produce high-density parts, with balanced property profiles.
• Excellent chemical resistance to oils, greases, aliphatic hydrocarbons and alkalies.
• Optimal for post finishing processes.
Engineered for HP Multi Jet Fusion technology
• Designed for production of functional parts across a variety of industries.
• Provides the best balance between performance and re-usability.
• Achieves watertight properties without any additional post-processing.
• Engineered to produce final parts and functional prototypes with fine detail and dimensional accuracy.