Y Duct Part Merge
Y DUCT PART MERGE
Our customer required urgent prints to replace scrap parts. The following assembly comprising of 2 halves which is vac formed individually and bonded together on assembly to the aircraft.
- FDM recommended merging the two halves together and printing as one.
- This saved on replacement vac tooling costs (£5000 roughly) and assembly time saving and curing carried out on the aircraft (5 hours)
- Parts where merged together using Catia V5, wall thicknesses optimised, flanges removed
- £5000 replacement tooling costs per year
- STV savings 5 hours per aircraft = approximately £30,000 in 2017