At The Forefront of Innovation In Additive Manufacturing
AT THE FOREFRONT OF INNOVATION IN ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING
FDM Digital Solutions Ltd, Burnley’s new high-tech, additive manufacturing company, are adding to Burnley’s reputation as the UK’s enterprise hot spot. Strategically and operationally, FDM are able to deliver comprehensive services tailored to clients’ unique requirements. Customers include a range of business sectors: the automotive industry and contrasting customers in the medical, architecture, aerospace, nuclear and general engineering markets. This exciting design company provides innovative products and specialist services. Their industrial scale, 3D printing services, facilitates the manufacture of rapid prototyping of end user production parts.
As a digitally connected company, FDM provides convenient and confidential in-house services to support UK manufacturing with:
- 3D rapid prototyping.
- In-house or mobile 3D scanning service.
- An online Bureau service which enables clients to upload a CAD design file for conversion into a 3D object
- Create soluble core structures for use in complex carbon fibre part manufacture.
- They support clients who require a very quick and efficient turnaround to enable their projects to be completed within their deadlines.
- FDM help customers reduce time to market and product development costs.
3D printing is the process that uses fuse deposit modelling to enable an object to be created layer by layer replicating a CAD design exactly. FDM Digital Solutions can take a clients CAD design file and manufacture a prototype or end user part to the exact dimensions of the original file. Unlike SLA or SLS that use resins, FDM uses real production-grade thermoplastics, which are the same high-performance raw materials used in most injection moulding technologies. Using these materials FDM’s additive manufacturing achieves a higher degree of build accuracy, durability and repeatability. This technique enables clients to practically explore and successfully deliver complex and innovative design ideas that would otherwise be to expensive or even impossible to execute using conventional manufacturing methods.